BGRated Casting Call: ASSISTANT TO THE WARDROBE SUPERVISOR – PAY RANGE: $40K-$60K – BGRated Canada
JOB TITLE: Assistant to the Wardrobe Supervisor
Application Deadline: Dec 17, 2018
Start Date: Jan 07, 2019
Employee Benefits: Health, Pension, Other (e.g. flex time, comp tickets, etc.)
Check Additional Info section for more Employee Benefits
Organization’s Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job’s focus: Administrative
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level: Intermediate
The National Ballet of Canada
One of the top international ballet companies, The National Ballet of Canada was founded in 1951 by Celia Franca. A company of 70 dancers with its own orchestra, the National Ballet has been led by Artistic Director Karen Kain, one of the greatest ballerinas of her generation, since 2005. Renowned for its diverse repertoire, the company performs traditional full-length classics, embraces contemporary work and encourages the creation of new ballets and the development of Canadian choreographers.
The National Ballet of Canada, Canada’s premiere ballet company and one of the world’s top international dance companies, is looking for an exceptionally organized and dedicated full time Assistant to the Wardrobe Supervisor.
Under the leadership of Karen Kain, the company is experiencing an unprecedented level of artistic excellence, attracting some of the world’s most sought-after choreographers, mounting spectacular new productions, and touring to the most important dance centres in North America and abroad.
The Wardrobe department at the Ballet is where all of the wonderful costumes for each production are built and maintained by a team of highly skilled wardrobe specialists. Reporting to the Wardrobe Supervisor and supporting our wardrobe department at the Walter Carsen Centre, the Assistant to the Wardrobe Supervisor performs administrative tasks to help maintain the integrity of the costumes for The National Ballet of Canada.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to the Wardrobe Supervisor and Wardrobe Department including but not limited to: general accounting; petty cash, credit card and timesheet submissions
- Creating and maintenance of show bibles to document research, sketches, and all relative materials pertaining to the build of a production or costume including photographing costumes for both new and existing productions
- Creating/maintaining inventories for new shows and existing shows as needed
- Managing all communications for the wardrobe department via online calendars and communication boards
- Organizing and booking fittings for the wardrobe department. Maintaining fitting rooms to make ready for use
- Maintaining the all storage elements of the Wardrobe including communications with facilities to relay any issues
- With direction from the Wardrobe Supervisor, provide direction to staff both fulltime and contract
- Assist with purchasing for both department and show related items
- Attend dress rehearsals and tech dress rehearsals to assist the Wardrobe Supervisor with maintaining the integrity of the costumes designs and work with the IATSE Head of Wardrobe and crew at the theatre to help solve any concerns
- Participate in special projects, as assigned by the Wardrobe Supervisor
- At least two (2) to three (3) years of clerical and administrative experience with basic word and document processing, filing, photocopying, data entry, and other related duties.
- Theatre/Performing Arts production experience essential, with an appreciation and a passion for the performing arts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Sharepoint, Word, Excel, Access and Photoshop
- Excellent planning, organizing, prioritizing and multi-tasking effectively while managing changing priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate a flexible approach in responding to needs as they arise.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, with minimal supervision.
- Hold excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong negotiating skills and diplomacy considered an asset
- Willingness and availability to work evening and weekends, as required.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
SUBMISSIONS INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
If you are interested – you must submit the following to be considered
1 – PLEASE EMAIL A RESUME, COVER LETTER & YOUR CONTACT INFO
2 – PLEASE STATE YOUR SALARY EXPECTATIONS
3 – MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS NOTICE ON BGRated CANADA
4 – PLEASE USE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE: ASSISTANT TO THE WARDROBE SUPERVISOR –
(Subject Line Example: ASSISTANT TO THE WARDROBE SUPERVISOR – JOHN DOE)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those talent selected for an audition will be contacted.
TO VIEW ALL JOB NOTICES ON BGRated – CLICK HERE
TO VIEW ALL CASTING NOTICES ON BGRated – CLICK HERE
Alternatively you can click HERE to request more data for this specific post.
Please be advised information is posted as given to BGRated at 2018-12-09 00:05:07 time.