BGRated Casting Call: DIGITAL BROADCAST JOURNALIST WANTED – BGRated Canada
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about Media and Radio Industry? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will put you in the front and center of the News and Journalism. If you have a passion for excellence, we encourage you to apply for a position at Global Saskatoon as a permanent, full-time Digital Broadcast Journalist.
Digital Broadcast Journalist
Division: Global Saskatoon
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Global Saskatoon
About the Role
This position reports directly to the News Manager – Sherri van der Veen. This is a bargaining unit position of Digital Broadcast Journalist – Group 4
Responsibilities: The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Report, shoot, write and edit stories for multiple daily newscasts and for globalnews.ca
- Daily reporting of community events
- Generating original and community related stories
- Generating daily content specifically for globalnews.ca and social media platforms to promote Global News and engage with viewers
- Creating relationships with community organizations
- Representing Global Saskatoon at public functions
- Participate in Global Saskatoon promotional and community initiatives
- Strong on-air presentation
- Participate in assignment meetings
- Be a strong advocate, model and mentor for digital journalism and a digital-first workflow.
- Display creativity in the use of production graphics and other visual elements
- Work closely with staff based in Regina
- Available to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You:
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting from a recognized post-secondary institution
- At least two years’ experience in broadcast and online journalism
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must work well under pressure, possess a desire to be the best, have a positive can-do attitude
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows as well as show a willingness to learn new online skills in a multi-faceted digital news operation
- Must be proficient in creating, curating and developing content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms
- Familiarity with Canadian Press style and WordPress would be considered assets.
- Preference will be given to candidates with proven shooting and editing experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clear driving record
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
SUBMISSIONS INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1 – PLEASE EMAIL A RESUME, COVER LETTER & YOUR CONTACT INFO
2 – MENTION YOU SAW THIS NOTICE ON BGRated CANADA
3 – USE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE: DIGITAL BROADCAST JOURNALIST –
(Subject Line Example: DIGITAL BROADCAST JOURNALIST – JOHN DOE)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SEE THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE THEN CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW
TO VIEW ALL JOB NOTICES ON BGRated – CLICK HERE
TO VIEW ALL CASTING NOTICES ON BGRated – CLICK HERE
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Alternatively you can click HERE to request more data for this specific post.
Please be advised information is posted as given to BGRated at 2018-08-07 12:32:22 time.