BGRated Casting Call: ONLINE EDITOR WANTED – BGRated Canada
Job Title: Online Editor
Company: Corus Entertainment
Division: ET Canada
Work Status: Full Time
Location: 81 Barber Greene Road
About the Role:
Are you passionate about entertainment and pop culture? Are you creative and can think outside the box to deliver entertainment in a fresh way? ET Canada has an exciting opportunity to join our online team as an online editor
Reporting to the Co-Executive Producer, the successful applicant will possess:
- The ability to follow story from beginning to end (from paper edit to completed segment)
- Experience overseeing the shooting and editing of packaged stories and segments
- Writing of scripts
- Good editorial judgment (knowing what makes a great story/ sound bite) & journalistic principles
- Experience writing online articles, galleries and creating engaging video content for Facebook, Youtube, Twitter & Instagram
- A knowledge of WordPress and other online publishing systems
- An interest and knowledge of pop culture, the ability to think outside the box and bring a fresh new spin on entertainment news stories
- Excellent writing skills
- Being able to edit and vet other producers work
- Assigning of work to other team members
- Evening/Weekends work when assigned
What We Need From You:
- Min Three (3) years experience as a writer
- Min Two years experience as a producer
- Min Two years in an online editing role
- Experience working in a fast paced environment where time management skills are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Experience working on a daily show
- WordPress experience
- Social media expertise
- A passion for entertainment with a keen interest in Canadian entertainment and history.
- Experience in the online environment, especially video production and writing for the web.
- Must be able to adapt in a rapidly changing media and technology landscape.
- Must have first-hand experience using mobile devices on a daily basis as well as working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook,
- YouTube, Snapchat, etc), and related applications.
- Ability to handle the demands and pressure of multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines.
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
- Experience using live streaming hardware (Elemental, Spinnaker, Tricaster) and applications – Facebook Live, Snappy TV
- Knowledge of video workflow from booking feeds and ingest to online distribution.
- Journalism degree is an asset
- The ability to write/produce web, text and social-media versions of news stories.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Creative mind with the ability to think outside the box and problem solve.
- A team player that can work both independently and within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a high-pressure situation
- Self-motivated individual that can be counted on to make decisions
- Effectively manage time and work under pressure
- Have a love for entertainment
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
SUBMISSIONS INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
If you are interested – you must submit the following to be considered
1 – PLEASE EMAIL A RESUME, COVER LETTER & YOUR CONTACT INFO
2 – MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS NOTICE ON BGRated CANADA
3 – PLEASE USE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE: ONLINE EDITOR –
(Subject Line Example: ONLINE EDITOR – JOHN DOE)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO VIEW ALL JOB NOTICES ON BGRated – CLICK HERE
TO VIEW ALL CASTING NOTICES ON BGRated – CLICK HERE
Alternatively you can click HERE to request more data for this specific post.
Please be advised information is posted as given to BGRated at 2018-11-19 05:42:56 time.