BGRated Casting Call: Switcher, CFTK TV – Terrace, BC – Bell Media – BGRated Canada
Position: Switcher, CFTK TV, Terrace, BC, Bell Media
Location: Terrace, British Columbia
Status: Regular Part time
Salary: Commensurate with experience and Qualifications.
Posting Date: April 10th, 2018
Closing Date: April 19th, 2018
Bell Media has an opening for a broadcast technician to join the Master Control team at CFTK_TV in BC’s North Region. Based out of Terrace, BC, CFTK broadcasts to Smithers, Kitimat and Prince Rupert. This is a UNIFOR Group 2 position.
- Complete playback of programs according to traffic schedule while ensuring technical standards are met and CRTC logging procedures are followed.
- Respond to scheduling changes promptly and communicate changes in a timely manner.
- Responsible for quality evaluation, troubleshooting and acquisition of multiple incoming signals.
- Communicate effectively with feed originators.
- Accountable for the proper transmission of the broadcast signals. Report any faults and abnormalities in transmission of the television signal.
- Effectively operate the automation system, asset management software and peripheral equipment in master control.
- Ingest material to video server using prescribed methods.
- Manage both physical and digital media assets (i.e.: ensure that tapes are properly filed, maintain a reasonable amount of free space on the video server by purging files according to procedure.)
- When required, perform traffic responsibilities with accuracy and timeliness.
- Work with engineering staff to report faults and ensure that integrity of master control facility. Perform basic troubleshooting and equipment maintenance as required.
- Present the markets only relevant source of information in a live daily newscast
- Work weekends and nights in a high pressure environment
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar or related position
- Post-secondary certification from a recognized broadcast course preferred
- Proficient in television Master Control and news production techniques
- Possess the ability to shoot, edit, & create television content in a multitasking environment
- Be able to work independently and as part of a dynamic television team
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision and/or frequently un-supervised
- Mature, calm and professional manner
- Strong communication, writing and creativity.
- Able to take instruction with ease; willing to learn
- Represent Bell with integrity, respect and mature judgment
- Must possess a valid Class 5 BC Drivers License (or equival
Alternatively you can click HERE to request more data for this specific post.
Please be advised information is posted as given to BGRated at 2018-04-13 08:20:44 time.